Will you be my Palentine? Yes, Palentine, no typo there. This February celebrate what is fast becoming a uniquely popular holiday - Palentine’s Day. A day that celebrates the platonic soul mates in your life.
Palentine’s day is often celebrated the day before Valentine’s Day, on February 13th, and the same day as Galentine’s Day, the female-centric holiday made famous from the television show Parks and Recreation. Palentine’s combines the celebration of the importance of friendship with the diverse cross-section of friends we all have in our lives.
And unlike Valentine’s Day, Palentine’s Day puts the focus on what you have and not what you don’t. It is not about one special person in your life but all the wonderfully special people in your life. And for those of you already in a romantic relationship, it doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate your own Palentines, too.
So whether you want to celebrate your day with your favorite gal pals or get your bromance on, there are myriad ways to show those friends how much you love them.
We have rounded up a few ideas on how to show your Palentines how much they mean to you.
- Instead of a romantic dinner, plan a game night with your crew.
- Instead of sending chocolates and flowers, send your pals a Happy Box in the mail.
- Send thank you cards to your Palentines telling them how much their friendship means to you.
- There is the more traditional idea of sending a card. Can’t find any that say Palentines? Don’t worry, we have a few you can print out here.
- Host a party without the pressure of too much planning by using subscription boxes to set the mood. That’s right, scratch the date night and make it a mate night with party boxes.
- There are plenty more ideas online to inspire you.
In the end, there really is no wrong way to celebrate Palentine’s Day, except for not celebrating at all.